Thursday, February 21, 2013

Phew!

So the long weekend came and went as much fun as the first 2 days was when it was time for everyone to leave we were majorly sleep deprived and exhausted. The previous week was so busy at work and home that it kind of got crazy. Friday we got the kids Akshara Abhyasa done as it was Sarawathi Puja. I had this in mind for past 1 year and glad we did basic small puja and sort of completed planned ceremonies in simple and timely manner. This week has been a recovery week from merry making. Mom was down sick for 2 days, I have a sore throat, P got some allergies. Now there is some more snow expected this Sunday. So winter has been so full-on this time. There are million things to take care of, paper work, punch list with builder that consist of small fixes to be done around the house. Until we have next set of guests in 2 weeks from today lots and lots of things to do.

It’s almost the end of Feb – it feels very long at times since we moved in, considering there have been so many chores and things to do around the house and yet so short when I think that it’s time for parents to leave. It’s been a good rollercoaster, 9 months of their stay.  They have been a huge support past few months emotionally and physically, much more than I could ask for. If they couldn’t physically help me in anyway or disagreed with me they still stood by me and supported emotionally.   I feel blessed and lucky. I could go on and on ...

No comments: