Sunday, November 11, 2007

Om Shanti Om - a suprise!

I finally went to see Om Shanti Om /OSO yesterday. I went obviously expecting the worst - Shah Rukh totally overacting and monotony yet again with a bunch of actors (as is common in most hindi movies these days) in that Diwangee song. Obviously the lesser the expectations you have, the lesser disappointed you are. I wouldn't say it was a great movie, but it was above average and a total entertainer.

Shah Rukh didn't seem monotonous to me, didn't show off his six-pack as much as I thought he would, I actually thought he looked good. Deepika Padukone was ok - did her job I guess. Arjun Ramphal looked great in the first half of the movie. I really liked the ending though when all the crew members appeared. And Gauri Khan looked very nice. Very surprised to see Amitabh Bachchan even though it was for a few seconds.

Absolutely stress free movie and didn't have to concentrate nor get all that bored (or maybe the second half was a bit of a drag, but well!)

All in all OSO surprised me. Yet to see Saawariya.

1 comment:

The road to self discovery said...

I really like ShahRukh Khan. Not inspired to watch it for some reason.