Wednesday, November 26, 2008

...this and that ...from the past!

When I was doing my 4th year of Bachelors in NZ I found exactly what I was looking for/to study after schooling in India - SCM it is!. Wonder why I took up Finance as my specialization in B.Com? (Hmm!) Well I was following the herd pretty much - deep down I knew I should have taken Marketing but went for Finance in my final year. Well the options I had for B.Com Professional course was - Finance, Marketing and Insurance. Actually I was looking for some specific Marketing papers and Finance papers and obviously that couldnt happen.

Even before that - after 10th grade I had no choice- for a person who did not want to take up Science or Engineering - the only option in outside colleges used to be CEC - Civics/Economics/Commerce. Luckily, my school had AEC - Accounts/Economics/Commerce (Oh I couldnt bear to do Civics either - maybe if it were History it would have been something to think about definitely! - though it was my best chance to go to a co-education environment) , so I chose AEC with Business Mathematics, English and Computer Science.

All the St Ann's students after 12th who did not take up Engg or Medicine had to go to St Francis - well that was sort of the norm - Bhavans was close to home and co education and an option but no Francis was a better college and in a better location. There 3 more years in Girls college.

Its funny I never thought about it, but until Masters I did not study in a co-educational enviroment.

As my New Years eve plans to meet up my school friends is brewing - school memories coming alive! Nothing has changed - that time it used to be permission. Yes! hours together we would spend on how we will ask parent's permission for night outs and parties and discussing what to wear and now though its no longer permission - the whole "planning" thing with a bunch of mates is just so much fun - we still behave like a bunch of high school girls - excited at every small thing, ...! :) and on that note its exactly been 10 years since I left school!

No comments: