Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P MJ

And Michael Jackson is dead. He was probably one of the first singers I listened to when I was growing up and had started listening to International music. Hence Dangerous and History are the two albums I am thorough with and other singles that were hits. I suppose he saw both success and downfall equally. And I personally really regret when people who have lived a great life with so much fame and pomp and glamour or even if its just a simple content life, like we know in real life, eventually have to die with some allegations, some sort of shame, and debt, whatever may be the circumstances. It is very sad.
I didn't care very much for MJ to be very honest. I liked his music, but his looks and dressing and behavior were turn offs. Not to mention the people who would immitate him and his dancing which just made him that much more 'ok! whatever' types! But isn't thats how that's suppose to be? Recognize someone and their contribution only after they are dead.
Even though its directly not related to this, as much as I enjoy and am fascinated listening to 'rags-to-riches' stories, the 'riches-to-rags' is much more heart-wrenching to me. Like I have known, a very distant relative of mine recently experience.
Ok that is 3 sad news in a row (whether I knew them personally or not) but sad. So the next one is going to be a good one! Life has to go on!

No comments: