Wednesday, July 29, 2009

H1N1/Swine flu

Last week the first Swine flu /H1N1 case was lodged at work. We got this email about a colleague (whose details will not be revealed) who caught the flu and is expected to fully recover. Hand santizers, wipes etc have been increased everywhere. As if my addiction to Purell wasn't enough its now become an obsession. I hate touching surfaces and especially door knobs and restroom doors. Pouring that Purell all over my palms every couple of hours. I think they should reveal who it is my colleagues spent time wondering who was missing work. And my department happens to be in a seperate room so that was some solace, maybe? Media here is definitely supressing it here. I still see regular reports in NZ and Indian newspapers online, that its getting pretty bad and scary!

No comments: