Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Operations Management - redefined?

Once some one asked me my specialization at University (in Auckland) I usually would give a very general response Business studies and shut up, cos no one knew what Operations Management was. But most of the times I would say its Operations Management, part of Business studies. One day for some reason I stopped at Operations Management. And the response I got was this:

Wow! Is that a medical degree? Whats it like to manage and organize Operations and surgeries?

I stood there with an open mouth. Never in my life until that point of time had I thought my degree specialization sounded like a medical degree.

So now I make sure I say its Operations and supply chain management and if I still get that look part of Business management.

No comments: