Saturday, March 15, 2008

Kaapi

I am finally able to consume coffee and I feel all grown up! I was a very milk person to begin with, back home and even now I can drink milk anytime of the day (without sugar please!). Then in college I swtiched to tea - but still I had milk before going to bed. Alas! I still couldnt consume coffee, somehow after 2-3 sips I didnt feel very well in my stomach (even though I loved the smell!), finally now I am able to drink small portions of it and I feel grown up!

Growing up I remember my Ajji making coffee on sunday afternoons (we visited Grandparents every weekend) the smell was just wonderful, I would just watch her and my mom drink coffee (everyone else was Hyderabadi and very tea-loving at home, I guess Ajji being brought up in Tamilnadu had an influence on her consumption) and wonder what its like to drink such piping hot (tasty!!) coffee. I am finally able to appreciate that - though am sure the filter coffee is simply beyond all the Starbucks and Tim Hortons in this world. This time I visit India, drinking filter-coffee with my Ajji is on my wishlist.

No comments: