Friday, March 14, 2008

Settling down

Alone in a new country if I thought the first week dragged, the second week just flew by. One of the mysteries I will never understand - the pace with which time passes by; rather the way we feel the pace changing based on our circumstances!
My apartment in Eglington is certainly good. Eglington is a nice place, mid-town and I simply love the hustle-bustle of of crowded streets, restuarants, public commute and stores. Looking forward for my first trip to Toronto downtown this weekend. This weekend also I will be inaugrating my kitchen, I havent cooked in 2 weeks, i.e. since I have landed here. Finally making that much postponed trip to Indian grocery stores soon!
Work has been slowly picking up. Enjoying it, work culture is slightly different but am not sure its because its Canada or just the industry or the position the company is in right now (undergoing changes and evolving business processes) or a mix of both. People are certainly brutally frank, which is nice. I am based at an office attached to the plant (not in a fancy corporate office as my previous job) so this is a whole different experience all togther. I have to cross the shop floor in a white lab coat and a shower/hair cap thingie ;) and big plastic glasses to get to the cafeteria. And on the way I smell some wonderful shampoos, conditioners, body wash, tooth paste, etc being made. I also got to sample a few of the products :)

No comments: