Saturday, April 19, 2008

Kaadhal

I treated myself to a movie Friday night - Kaadhal. I am not into Tamil movies at all or songs for that matter. These days I prefer more fiction than those 'realistic' movies (though I end up watching all types!). Yes! isnt there already a lot going on in the 'real' world to watch them again in movies.
Kaadhal was definitely a must watch. The down-to-earth characters and direction was very good. Some very typical characters you see in real life were depicted so very well - body language and all, its truly commendable. The nagging old lady at Aishwarya's house, the pomp when she gets her first period, can I call it 'small-town-mentality' when neighbours observe every small thing going on and gather when they hear some commotion at a house. What definitely stood apart for me was the mechanic boy (representing the insignificant child labour lot), his street smart expressions were so good (the scene when Muruga leaves to elope and rubs his head affectionately, the boy scared moves back with the fear of being slapped/beaten). The final scene also is a very 'action speaks louder than words'. And to even imagine this is a real story, its actually scary.

No comments: