Sunday, May 4, 2008

Awards etc

Couple of days back I finally saw Filmfare awards. I was told Saif and Shah Rukh Khan were funny and I couldnt miss it. And that they were, some of the things they said were hilarious. Person who still left me wondering is Amir Khan! He is an Indian, lives in India, makes movies for the Indian audience, the respect, image etc he has is due to the Indian audience . Yet he does not recognize Indian awards? I mean, I understand that perhaps he thinks the system is not effecient or whatever it is. I dont know his reasons. Had a quick look at that blog in his name and didnt really find anything related to this. But there should atleast be one of the awards he must consider isnt it? Makes me wonder that should Filmfare and other sponsors or whoever it is (the jury?) even consider his movies when rating the best film/actor etc? Why consider someone's work when he doesnt recognize you or your system? Doesent bother to attend those presentations, but instead aims only for Oscars?

And then we saw Tashan last night at a friends place. No comments. Saw U, Me or Hum. As expected Kajol and Ajay Devgan acted well, but definitely something was lacking....

No comments: