Monday, May 26, 2008

Recharged at Chicago

Almost got a second consecutive long weekend - almost! My husband's good friend's wife's baby shower was in Chicago and it also was a kind of reunion of his batchmates from CBIT - Engineering college. A big bindas group; so was good hanging out. And one of them actually acted in Telugu movies too, so that added some spice. I wish I had taken Memorial day off, greedily went to work taking a morning flight from Chicago and after being with a big group for 3 days; I was antsy and sleepy all day.


This is the second big gettogether we have had after New Years and realized that it was like an Indian wedding setting. Where in all family gather few days prior to the wedding, and due to lack of space to sleep howmuch ever big the house maybe, people pretty much sleep where ever you find space ;) Kids busily running around. Ladies cooking and talking. Television running nonstop songs and Indian movies et al But doing the same things for less smaller occasions than wedding and outside India is something of an achievement to me truly.
Back in Toronto I am recharged for the next few days atleast ;)

No comments: