Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Its unstoppable!

I shared something with 2 of my team members trusting it wouldnt leak and also strictly told them not to. Next thing I know the Operations Manager of the plant is talking about that very same thing to the Production Planning Director who comes and tells my boss the Demand Planning director. My boss obviously knows about this but told me about it. I was shocked, and numb for 10 minutes.
The only reason I shared it with them cos they were seniors and kind of close to me and I didnt want it to be a surprise to them when the news came out, more out of basic courtesy and respect as well. I guess I should have known better. They have been there for 10 years now and me not even 10 months. Who would they be close to ? Me or those handful of other chums who have been working with them for all of those 10 years. Doh! what was I thinking? Anyway there's always a first time for everything in life - once bitten twice shy though!
Phew! news indeed travels like wild fire!

No comments: