Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Travel talk

I am so surprised the reasons for which Qantas airlines has been in news off late. I guess its reputation has probably deteriorated. It was easily one of the best airlines comparable to Singapore airlines. Last 10 days 3 times it has been in news for some leakage, then a big hole and now apparently a quarter of the jets didnt fly due to some inconsistent record keeping, all leading to emergency landing. I even read that when a jet was sent to be serviced at Malaysia it came back with some 95 odd defects. I guess I am flying so much these days that I am up to date with all this stuff :) Qantas staff also are adding to its woes I guess, even crew members were caught misbehaving.
Singapore airlines has yet again been voted #1. Its been ages since I flew on S'pore airlines, should try to take it sometime during international travel. While Air New Zealand was # 8. I couldnt find any Indian airlines in the rankings.
I am sure even if fuel costs reduced, airlines will continue the hiked cost and charges for checking in baggage! Its so unfair that prices just keep rising due to rising fuel costs but never decrease when fuel costs decrease, anyway like thats gonna happen!
I havent done international travel in a while and I am itching to go somewhere now with my adorable P. Doh! what have I been doing 2 times every month on an average last 5 months, flying up and down between Canada and US? :) Naah! that doesnt feel like international travel at all!

No comments: