Sunday, February 26, 2012

21 months

And before you know its that time of the month again. Girls are now 21 months. They are growing and absorbing like sponge. Every moment is so precious. There are times I just want to sit back and watch and gaze at them having fun with their Dad and do nothing. But with two active toddler-girls that's not possible. :-) Days are so full on that their newborn stage seems so deep in the past. I know it will all come back to me. Those will be the days when they will be all on their own and you will feel you have so much time on hand and not know what to do ;)Nope little girls always need their parents and I love that about having daughters.

The "wheels on the bus" is slowly losing it. The videos are not being watched, but AG still asks me to sing them and joins me where ever she can. AL today surprised me by singing Elmo's song, "la la la la...elmoooo..." she goes very cutely. 

They ask me to draw shapes and animals on the magnetic board so that they can guess. AL is very surprised why I am able to draw some basic shapes and characters and while she swipes the pen on that board the results are not the same :-) AL is also spending time with the seat buckles on her high chair, her latest fascination, she asks us to open then she buckles herself, nonstop she goes on and on :-) AG like Robot and asks me to keep drawing it and she likes to say it. She is a a little too passionate. She like something she goes on and on with it, she over does it gets obsessed with it, then it comes down until something else takes its place. Whether its songs, specific characters or books. She is a lot into books, both are. AL is more smooth in her expression and transition. The one consistent think is AL's love for dogs, she has kissed at least one of those soft toy doggies and hugged and rolled with them every single day since she turned one or even earlier.

End of the day I am so lucky to have them. Twins and especially girls (I cant stop raving about how much bonding there is where family has girls or at least 1 girl ;) Joys of having daughters, but its the parenting too...). I see my friends starting to talk about whether to have a second child or not and the whole "timing" thing. I am glad the 'second child planning' has passed for me. Its extra work initial few years and probably down the line the pinch for college fees hits us at the same time financially instead of one after another, but still, it all makes it worth having twins, and makes me feel very productive in a number of ways ;)  Its truly a blessing, a blessing not in disguise, it just is a very obvious one... :-)

No comments: