Sunday, February 12, 2012

The usual...

And the busiest week at work passed. Kids also got through a minor viral. They didnt have to stay home though and they went to daycare. Days were full on :-) Attended a birthday party on Satday at My Gym Boston, girls were the youngest and had fun. AL hung out a bit with the group, AG wanted to explore on her own and just kept a close eye on the group. They have finally tasted juice and are having it now and then - by having I mean squeezing the juice enough to spill and then get bored with it. AG sips a little, AL just plays and dosent care for it. I am not a juice person my husband is. So I havent really made an effort at all with the juice box. I'd rather they eat the whole fruits (as the Doctor recommends) rather than the juice extracts (mostly from concentrate anyway). Although I am also not a great fruit eater, making an effort to change for the girls. AL is a bit more like me milk drinker and veggie eater. AG is more open, but enjoys a little fruit more than AL.

Its Sunday and past 10:30 way past our bedtime completed some pending tasks at work. We had a short playdate today for the girls with another set of younger girl/boy twins. Girls did ok. Didnt really seem to be fond of the younger kids though. It is the natural occurence I guess, kids always get attracted to kids older than them, some kinda admiration and basic awe that they can do somethings more than them...

Caught up with my best mate in HYD and my other friend who returned from a long trip to India. Parents got back from their 2 week trip to holy places mostly in TN so mom had a lot to share about their experience. AG surprised by asking me to call my mother so she could hear her sing Wheels on the bus. She gave me the phone and gestures bus, bus, bus, Mom was maha-thrilled ofcourse. Aani actually said Hi to Mum-amma also on the phone. Totally getting it! She responds to questions with a ' yaa' and 'yes' also. What can I say, my girls are growing up! :-)

No comments: