Monday, June 4, 2012

And they turn TWO!

Its amazing how time flies. I am a mother of 2 year olds; 2 year old extremely naughty girls :-) It has definitely been a rewarding and a journey totally worth it. . Couple of weeks ago, just before their birthday they both actually said I love you Amma/Mamma and generously gave me kisses. They have been planting kisses for a while now. AL comes close to my cheeks and plants her lips there while AG just licks me on my forehead and cheeks. Everybody tells me how much changes there are ahead. :-).

We had a low key, busy and fun 2nd birthday. Got them some yummy and pretty cakes which they cut (Konditor Meister yes! yes! yes! I put in a lot of thought into the kind of cakes I should have for them), spent time with house full of lovely friends and kids and had a good time overall in DE. Went to Dutch Wonderland in PA where they hopped onto a few rides and enjoyed, it was a rather hot day so they got tired pretty soon. AL was taken into this scary water ride (scary for me) and she was too dumbfounded to react and it was over by then, she is a brave one. AG was complaining why everyone was leaving her to go on the scary water ride while she wouldnt want to step in it. Both of them enjoyed the choo-choo train, carousel etc the usual ones.

Couldnt help but wonder how thrilled their Baamma/my MIL would have been to see them grow into such pretty and strong girls.

Another 10 days or less my parents and FIL will be here and looking forward to that.
Back to our routine otherwise, takes a week to get over the long weekend of merry making and fun! :-)

No comments: