Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This & That

Girls are 2 years and 1 month old. already. :-)

Mom has taken over the kitchen as she insists I take a break and spend time with children and other things in the checklist and doesn't let me do anything. I have no qualms or control issues so I am gladly lazying for that 1/2-1 hour in the evening with cooking occasional dishes I cook here and there . Did I forget to mention how pampered I am? ;) Plus she is basking in the glory of duties of a maternal grandmother. That way I am so glad my kids have spent so much time with grandparents and the kids realize the presence of support system :-)

Hunting for a bigger space is still up in the air. We saw some ups and downs in our journey and we are very picky, so just planning to let go of the hunt for sometime.

AG and AL had their 2 week appointment and they hated it. The Doctor got a earful of - STOPs! - DOCTOR YOU ARE A NAUGHTY BOY, BYE BYE, NO NO NO! These 2 are just not submissive and boringly obedient! They are boisterous and a bundle of energy. There is never a dull moment with these two (and thank god for that), I never somehow expected spells of naughtiness, so this pleasantly surprises me and brings a lot of extra smiles in your day. It must be so easy to parent a quiet and behaved child indeed, but its so much fun to be a parenting a naughty one, I tell ya! :-)

Got my car serviced 30K mileage one. Now time to address the bumper. Few weeks back the bumper touched/hit the front car when driving back home on the freeway. Traffic was slow, I was distracted trying to make a call as I was running late and concerned it might get late to pick up the kids and somehow I couldn't brake on time as I was quite close to this car. Luckily it was so slow nothing happened to front car and that guy just let go without any dialogue as his car didn't get a scratch plus he was from out of state plus he was in a hurry, but my poor white Rabbit's bumper took a hit. This is my first hit ever but its not official anyway since there is no insurance claim by the other party.

Finally felt very strange to accept gold from my Father-in-law. My Mother-in-law loved jewelry and she would with great interest be the person in charge of such things. She meticulously planned and saved up and got all sorts of variety of things done. It felt very incomplete and strange to accept the gift, although very thoughtful of him.

No comments: