Monday, June 18, 2012

Parents

Our parents are here finally. After a huge family loss being together for us means a lot. There is a lot of vacuum especially for my Father-in-law. That's why I am glad my parents are home as well so he can get some alone time or not get any alone time based on how he wants it to be. The girls immediately opened up to the Grandparents and bonded, something amazing for me to watch. Even AG who takes time to warm up to people generally just knows they are the grandparents and they are basking in all the love and attention they are showering on them. They get worried even when one of the grand parent is missing (either in the restroom or they have gone for a walk), they expect everyone to be sitting in the living room and visible to them always...there are a lot of such wonderful moments so hard to pen down all of them though.

After a long time P confessed that his birthday couple of weeks back was the toughest for him to get through and really missed his mother. He did mention there should be no cake etc For the sake of girls and especially AG who has a sweet tooth, I got him like this really small pastry. But makes me feel really sad. The girls keep talking about Chinni Bamma, my MIL's sister and makes it sad as they dont know their Bamma anymore, other than in pictures.

I guess we all have our own ways to come to terms with such a huge loss, we all will at some point of time accept she is "really" no longer here with us.

No comments: