Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another incident...

There was another death in my father's extended family. Very shocking. And yet another incident involving "he should have received treatement at the right time". Yes Uncle was in an emergency and there were no Doctors available for 24 hours as it was Navratri festival. Unfortunately it happened while they were on a holiday in the North East in India. And transportation was very tough, took 3 days to bring him back after he passed away, they still got Uncle back to home town for the last rites as thats where they are based out of.

As we were talking to my Dad's aunt and expressing condolences she was probably the strongest and brave spouse we have seen. Although a sudden death and she agreed she is still in shock. She says one of us had ot go. What were the chances that we would depart at the same time? Plus she said hindsight we will always feel so many things could have been done differently. We should not have gone on a vacation. What are the chances we wouldnt get a doctor to diagnose and provide treatment in time?? etc etc We have to accept and move on.  

I really admire her strength which I have seen in all women on my Ajji's side. Very strong, practical and vocal. Traditional yet practical is a great blend. I hope it rubs of to my girls.

No comments: