Thursday, January 17, 2013

Women and so called Power

In my limited experience of 30 odd years I have seen somehow more women in day to day life absolutely irritate me when they cannot deal with this so called "power and position" they acquire. I am no feminist nor a misogynist - very neutral and will call spade a spade. Its probably very few  but still somehow more women than men, I encountered who cannot deal with this newly acquired money, title and power and they walk with tiaras on their head. I met one such recently yet again.

 Women who claim to be "Master of everything" (couldnt use mistress for lack of grace in that word!) but fail miserably when it is to deal with basic human emotions and feelings. So 2 days back went to talk to the leasing head at our apartment community from which we have moved out to talk about some basic charges that were to be paid. This lady sitting in her chair,in her newly acquired position as "Manager" was so curt and cross. I just wanted to walk out of that place. We dealt with her as an Associate. Not that she was excellent before but much worse now. I have in the past walked away and out of people who behave like this. I do not see the need for me to stand and take crap from person who I just met. Plus  trying to instigate me to bring out the worst.  

But I just went on in this case, patiently. I was losing it but tried to communicate with her. It wasnt fruitful, I concluded and walked out finally, but made me feel very sad for her. This lady was doing her duty - yes! Was she cordial - yes! You could check all those things she is supposed to do in the list. But lack of warmth and compassion failed her miserably. I hope she is healed of all that pride and that heavy tiara she has to wear each morning. Its good to take pride in your work but to display authority and your position is another. Something I wanted to crib about ;)

No comments: