Thursday, October 25, 2007

The entry and exit of Zee TV

With my in-laws around we had taken the Zee channel connection (had no other option for Indian channel). And it reminded me what I was missing (or what I was not). Initially it was very painful to watch couple of those serials. Never ending story line with one very good natured woman and one very bad and cruel woman, always trying to harm the good one (it stirs the feminist part of me actually). Somehow after watching a few episodes I got hooked on to it. Oh! yes (call me behenji all you want - deep down there is a behenji inside all of us ;)) I did. I started watching Saath phere, Saloni ka safar and Banoo main teri, Dulhan. Very soon I was fed up with it once again and thats when my in-laws left. I was about to remove that channel it got a bit interesting with some new twist and again it was back to square one. I realized that, that is simply how these serials run, end of the day not making any sense and wasting our time. And if any of you have watched even one of those episodes, you will know the deadly special effects used. God save you from those special effects when they have to show a crucial scene (which is every alternate one), they rotate the whole character, zoom in and zoom out at various speeds and give you a headache! Phew!

Right now I switched to basic cable which has nothing but the news channel and there are no distractions in the house ..I can peacefully prepare for my certification course.

No comments: