Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Evergreen English classics

I wonder how boring growing up would have been as a girl by not having watched any English classics. For the umpteenth time I saw My fair Lady yesterday "yes the Rain in Spain stays mainly in the plains", Audrey Hepburn and dashing Rex Harrison. I enjoyed every single scene as always. I believe Sound of music and My fair lady are two of those very basic classics if a girl hasn't seen is seriously missing out on. Now that currently I am doing the Old English classics movie-thon yet again (after a brief session of Rajesh Khanna's last month) I am also watching a few movies which I wanted to but never got a chance to watch before. Well the Guns of Navrone, Butch Cassidy, Mckenas gold et al are all done. But the recent addition to my favorites has been has been Casablanca and An affair to remember - very simple and nicely made doesn't even seem like the movie of the 50's and a must watch. Now the next in line is Gone with the wind - my favorite book!

No comments: