Tuesday, October 4, 2011

..and yet again...

So I had to disappear again cos my first born got another viral, her third fever in a month and congestion which has been continuing for over a week now (first being another viral and second due to teething). She recovered and are off to daycare today. But it really got me worried. Not to mention Annie the second one has been suffering from congestion for a while now. Runny nose and little bit of cough and the mucous, eeks! Their sickness throws us so out of schedule (still trying to get into one with day care having just started), lack of sleep, hence low energy levels etc which is all part of parenting and it can get hard with twins, or more than one child in general, but no complaints. The biggest issue being undoubtedly to watch them suffer and go through it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is only helping them get stronger and build immunity and strengthen it. Phew! I have been very critical this past month of the day care somehow. Nothing is good enough for my girls. I was talking to my aunt who has twins and she was mentioning how she was on the same boat as I am not many years ago. Even having a Nanny dosent help as you end up doing main things cos you want it that ‘certain’ way. Learning to let-go is hard but we have to do it. For starters I have slowly decreased carrying and lifting the girls as before. First one year somehow my parents and P & I would love to carry them around, somehow it was irresistible and I still don’t know how some people claim they never carried their babies around as much they just played by themselves. Plus mine were not overly chubby kids so that made it easy. Now that they are older and getting more independent we are letting them get through their tantrums on their own. They have to cry it out if that makes them feel better and come back to reality on some occasions.


So managed to watch Delhi Belly finally. It’s a pretty gross comedy. Over all I found the plot funny. Last weekend we had our luncheon at Wasabi, Sushi place that serves food on the conveyer at Natick Mall. We liked the food, of course as a vege there are some basic options available and it was decent. The vegetarian/vegetable sushi was overdone, too many things going on. I preferred the cucumber and avocado sushi roll and so did the kids. Kids savored it, maybe more for the open ambience too that made a picky eater like Aanie eat a few grains. Aadu nibbled on the PBJ rolls served with rice on the side (I know I thought it was odd, but I guess a Sushi place is willing to serve sesame and cucumber flavored rice on the side with kids meals is ok?). I hadn’t shopped in advance for the winter for the girls. I am cutting down on a lot of stuff, clothes, books etc so until then I don’t want to hoard anything in advance, so we have been shopping for jackets and clothes for kids as and when we happen to stop at the mall. My favorite spots for the girls are Gymboree and Gap Kids as of now. This weekend didn’t find anything interesting though. Picked up winter head gear at Macy’s, where we had stopped to buy a toaster there, since ours is not working any more. It gave a pretty good service for 5 years and it just died few weeks back, so it’s been a pain to toast in the pan on the stove.


Fall has set in officially I guess, its already early sixties today. A busy week at work….yawn!!!

No comments: