Monday, January 16, 2012

Sankranthi weekend 2012

Another weekend out of town in Stamford CT. Spent the festival time with friends and celebrated a couple of kiddos birthdays in the group. Its freezing outside. Girls did fine but had a bad cold. Did their bhogi pallu program also with the other kids. AG hogged onto the arselu and marshmellows like she would never ever get it, she has a sweet tooth and she does not hide it. AL survived ONLY on milk and learnt to talk in sentences.....almost! ;)

It was 10 F when driving back last night. Its been 6 years since I moved to the US and even though no big complaints I did have some discomfort with the cold spells on and off. This time has been the worst in terms of my health front. Having stuff nose continously since a fortnight on and off actually since we got back from India and I generally dont get it this often (maybe its due to the kids and their daycare germs) but still there is strangely some sort of silence and yet some peace I can feel around in this cold this time around since a couple of weeks.

Have I finally come to terms with Mother-in-law not being in R.KPuram ever again? At any given chance we are going out of town and heavily socializing in fact as we do not want to stop and think what actually happened in India and to us. I think somewhere silently P and I think this will just pass - just pass? so the answer is - Not really, but I guess this cold is somehow giving me some silent moments to reflect and trying to make sense of some things absolutely not in our control perhaps?

No comments: