Sunday, October 21, 2012

Navratri

These days are always close to my heart. And now that for the first time we are actually home with the kids (been in India last 2 years) we were able to follow our very own traditions that we created ourselves and hope we follow each year to come.

1. Garba: I simply enjoy this dance, music and the gathering. And glad I introduced it to the girls. Although they were groggy, and they wont remember it probably until I keep taking then every year for next few years, they got the rhythm and the beats and I am glad :)the Swamy Narayan temple was way too packed than we would have wanted but an experience nevertheless, met my colleagues from work there.

2. Durga pujo pandal: Navratri past few years is not complete until we take Maa Durgas' darshan/Arthi at the local Bengali Durga Pujo. There is something very serene, strong and comforting in the idol that brings inner peace and strength in me. This time visited the Winchester one. Even bumped into a couple of bong friends we know too :)

Stopped at Chucky Cheese's and kids didn't want to come back home ;), it was a last minute thing and a total Paisa vasool for those winter-y days :)

No comments: