Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And then they turned 3!!!

So A&A's big day arrived. They had decided on the cake colors and shape and characters they wanted this time and they were more sure about it. At 2 they suggested what type of cake they wanted but it kind of kept changing every time I would ask them. I even had AG arrange napkins counting every kid who would be coming home for lunch and to celebrate their birthday. It was awesome to watch her. AL wanted to be responsible to give return gifts, I didnt find her one time so I gave it instead, she turned up out of nowhere and got upset and she took it back and she then handed it over again. She is the official "giver" in our family now (AG is the hoarder - joy of twins!) :-)

So the cake was from Konditor Meister as it has been for the previous 2 years, its almost a tradition now. So Saturday was their birthday per Hindu calendar so we went to the temple, picked up cakes for next day and picked up grocery also. It was a long tiring day on Saturday as weather was lousy wet and cold (I know and its supposed to be summer?) so we got pretty tired since all 3 places were in different directions. We invited about 4 other families for lunch next day, it was a simple get-together. Initially we thought we would order food. But since there were only 11 adults and 7 kids I decided to cook myself a simple meal which turned out to be yummy - thank goodness. I was a tad bit nervous since I wanted everything to go well when its to do with kids. I made: Rajma/kali daal and Raita with Peas Pulao and Pau Bhaji. For starters we baked samosas we got from outside and paneer tikka as well. Dessert was Rasamlai which was also from outside. I cooked everything the same day morning and it went well.

It was Dora and Diego themed, so we got lots of streamers, balloons those big sized Dora Diego balloons, cups, plates etc as well and filled the hallway with decorations and Dora/Diego Happy Birthday banners and balloons of course. At lunch I got a lot of compliments for the yummy food which I gladly accepted ;) My friends mom visiting from India thought my Pau bhaji was really yum, and a friend loved my Rajma/kali daal so that's nice. Girls were getting a bit tired so we cut the cake in the afternoon after lunch and we all enjoyed the cake. Evening everyone left and then one family was supposed to stay over but their son wasnt feeling too well so they left. Over all it was a simple and fun day! Due to wet and rainy weather we couldn't do some outdoor activities planed with the kids like zoo, farm etc which hopefully we can do coming weekends sometime. We distributed cake to all our new neighborhood friends and at work and now back to routine but hey its a short week!.


No comments: