Sunday, May 5, 2013

More the merrier..

So this weekend we have had more people over. 2 of my colleagues and 1 family of which lives in our community came down with their families for lunch, we had a nice time. It was a potluck. Girls got their nap and back to another playdate plus dinner another family came over from South of Boston, a bit of a drive now, had a good time again. Their 1 year old baby girl was adorable. Couldnt help but rewind how soon my girls are growing up. Today, Sunday it is routine stuff. I finally did something which was on my to-do a list - which is a recipe and am happy with myself for that. The allergies are continuing in the household for now. P had it, I have a bad throat etc.

My colleague who also came for lunch yesterday has her sister's family visit her for over a month or so, I like her mature, friendly and we are chai buddies at work meaning we take our chai breaks together after lunch. Somehow in conversations she mentioned that she invited her sister's family over and she has a naughty and restless 7 year old boy, although she lives by herself and has no kids and is particular about how her house should be neat and everything has a "space" just like we all like to be in an ideal state, the fact that guests and especially kids are around you should be prepared for some level of changes otherwise don't have people over and be vocal and blunt about it. I was surprised and thought such a small thing but very nicely said. I have in my lifetime even met people with kids who behave so irrationally with other people's kids when they are noisy, messy I was actually disgusted. Every kid is different and every kid is precious and she even though not a mother understood that, bravo! nice to be associated with people who are sensible...

It was refreshing to also catch up with my other friend in the evening. Our lives our similar and parallel with 2 kids, full time jobs, houses to maintain by ourselves, we cook a lot and wouldnt trade any of it for anything else and we are very like-minded in a lot of things...

No comments: