Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Carom board

During my school days Carom boards kept kids occupied to a large extent. I remember myself playing on it every single day one season. It was an obsession and passion, there were fights and tears, name calling, cursing and prayers - it had it all :) But everyone forgot all the enemity once the session was over - thank god!

I remember there were two games we primarily played - I forget what they were called. But one was dividing ourselves in two teams and one takes the white coins and the other black, and the Queen should have a follow up coin to win. Then the other was point based. Every coin (basically just 3 coins black, white and queen) was given a value and the one who in the end has the maximum is the winner.

I miss caroms, we did try to buy one before my In-laws arrived, but some how did not manage to get one. Someone mentioned it was $100 in an Indian store and a decent sized board costs the same on Amazon. Hmm, I will be on the hunt for a good deal!

No comments: