Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Godfather

I completed the Godfather series recently and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I had seen Part 1 many times, but never got around to 2 and 3. Godfather by Mario Puzo, is also my favorite book. I follow a policy of usually reading the book first and then watching it and obviously the book is usually better than the movie most of the times. But Godfather movie lives up to the book and my imagination.

I did not realize that the young Vito Corleone (in part 2) is actually Robert Di Niro who looked so handsome I thought. Very few movies you feel so very bad for the main characters of the movie when they are involved in Mafia, violence and killing. In fact two kinds of movies I simply do not watch are Horror movies and movies based on some violence. This one is an exception. Al Pacino acted so very well especially in Part 3 when he gets a stroke and the final death scene; I was in tears.

I am going to go on and on about it for a few days I think ....

No comments: