Monday, January 14, 2008

To Thine own self be true

My husband and his pals were off to Vegas this weekend. It was a Bachelor party they had organized for his good friend who is getting married this month. I was yet again home alone. Thank God! it was just 2 nights and the second night I was already getting restless. Restless I was not just cos I was alone but after a long time I called my very best friend in india and chatted and exchanged all the info that was pending for the last 3-4 months or so. I was also updated with all the news regarding my other best mates and friends. And it turns out for some reason all of us friends had faced some challenge or the other past few months. I was a little unhappy that I couldn't be in person with my friends who are my family (but just known as 'best friends'), and talk about all the things in greater detail, but well!

I realized that probably life is challenging and as interesting as it can be right now for some us. Or it will be or it has already been for rest of the folks. However unplanned, unsteady, unpredictable it may seem, we have each other and hope and its a beautiful feeling in itself. You grow and mature further and learn what life really is at such points in life. Its not the exams, mean teachers, penalties, rigid rules at school , relatives we wish we never had, at all. Its neither about power, money and riches.

To Thine Own Self Be True

-W Shakespeare

No comments: