Wednesday, July 23, 2008

At work....

At work this morning a couple of colleagues of mine and me were making coffee and someone walked in really bubbly and chirpy. I am not as upbeat these days myself. This other girl was just about complaining of a headache when this bubbly person arrived and eventually left. This girl with the headache cringed, why is she so happy? I said good for her, I wish I was as bubbly this morning too. And this girl blurted, no its not that, she should look around and see how some others may not be having as good a day as her and mellow down a bit..................Hmmm!
The use of bad language at work is really on the rise. The work load is increasing and so is people swearing. I am really surprised at the way people are swearing in this organization! And at school I used to be very quick at picking those commonly used phrases in conversations, now I am really trying hard not to pick those words, but my language in general has changed a bit definitely. Like the way I express myself these days etc.... which is good I guess sound more like a Roman when in Rome eh? :) (I dont mean the accent obviously! doh!)
I hate that there is no free water to drink - one of those water coolers, at work. I dont like drinking water from the tap somehow other than at home. I have to buy water each time I am thirsty from the vending machine, sigh! and as you know water is expensive, it costs even more than gas! I dont know why no one complains in the outside world of cost of water as much? I complained to HR to begin with at work - no use!

No comments: