Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Overdue farewells....

Yesterday I was chatting with an acquaintance of mine and casually she happened to mention that they do not intend to settle in the US and in 2 years time they plan to move back to India. Hmmm! Sigh! Not aggggain!!!! I am soooooo bored of these conversations now. Some of the Indians we know usually express this desire so many times unfortunately. Some of them even have deadlines. Phew! But somehow I have never seen anyone leave US personally (blink!blink!).

I am not new to this. In New Zealand too some fellow Indians even though over all appreciating the Kiwi culture would claim they would leave for India very soon. Well! that never happened. I am so over such people now. (Yawwn!) I miss home too. But I really get annoyed these days when people say they will leave for good and when time comes they keep postponing it each year - every year!. Especially when people have those goals of how much they want to save up and leave. Urgh! I wonder how much is enough? 50K 100K 200K 1Mil ....is there an end to it? I mean personally I do hope to go back some day - I do not know if I will - circumstances may change - I dont know. I certainly dont have some deadlines or dollar value to achieve though. I am sure when the time is right I will know (or rather my husband and I - we will know)........I sincerely hope all of us make the right decision for the right reasons - after all there are no guarantees in life! ....whatever it is keep those plans to yourself - and when your serious let the cat out of the bag!

3 comments:

vivenive said...

well i am one of those persons that do NOT intend on settling in the USA...i am sure u would have heard all the excitement about GC being current and all, and I can proudly say i have not even bothered applying...

WC...

Meg said...

Yes I witnessed many fellow-H4-ers jumping with joy - I does not impact me either.

vivenive said...

H4-ers jumping for joy....DAMN!!! you have a way with words and a very sarcastic sense of humor which i love, coz i am laughin my ass off as i write this comment here....and it takes a lot for me to break outta my brooding moods...:) :) :)