Thursday, June 14, 2007

Watched the Red Sox at Fenway Park!

Finally last night my husband and I went to Fenway Park watched the Red Sox play against Colorado Rockies. Thanks to a generous friend of ours who managed to get tickets at work and chose to share it with us :). I was cooking dinner at 5pm and he calls and asks me if I would like to goto a Red Sox game? I had no clue there was even a game going on anyway my husband and I had a quick conversation and we decided to go. It was a nice experience thank god we decided to go. Stadium was so packed and 'red' (official color!). The only baseball I remember was watching in school (St Anns) and I thought anyone with a cricket background can follow the game but yes one needs a crash course to understand basic rules.

This was a very fast game for an ardent cricket fan like me. Not only was I new to the game, I thought to myself I wouldn't really care who wins the game (well I dont know the game very well nor the players to judge the performance). But I proved to myself yet again thats simply not my nature to be so detached. The passionate crowd chanting Red sox with the cheer clap lifts the spirits. Beer, Hot dogs and pop-corns flowing it was a celebration in itself whether Red sox wins or not. I was automatically drawn to support the home team well of course (I have been in Boston/New England area for over a year now what was I thinking!). Unfortunately Red sox lost - so we did not get to witness the crowd display their 'happiness'. So the last half hour we just killed time taking pictures. But last night a huge block against 'self absorbed' American games was cleared from my head to some extent. Who knows I might just end up following baseball to begin with....

No comments: