Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rozana..

I finally got over my cribby mood last evening with a garam cup of chai. I made some dondakayi curry with papu-chaaru which turned out so yum, husband and I enjoyed for dinner. And we watched this Hindi movie 'Life in a Metro', it was a pretty different movie, and as usual Konkana Sen's acting was very good. I thought Shilpa Shetty looked a bit old (watched her after a long time - but her body was great as usual), And I quite liked the song Alvida. I was yearning for a new Hindi movie for a while and I was glad when I was able to watch this last night. Somehow the way I enjoy Hindi movies I cannot enjoy others except very few Telugu movies. Even though a few friends of mine try to convince me that Telugu comedy is much better, its just something I cannot appreciate as much. I am not sure what it is; but after a long time if I get to watch proper Hindi movies I feel good to simply hear the language.

That makes me wonder the influence of Hindi movies on my life. My parents have been into movies since they were young. So when I grew up the Bollywood movies influence was immense. I used to listen to all the Kishore Kumar and Mohd. Rafi songs - and watch movies with actors ranging from Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, (upto here by dad was mainly in charge) Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh (70's my mom was in charge). With Doordarshan the only channel listening to all those songs on the tape was very common on weekends. And of course the radio would also be playing various songs. I have also watched most of the movies myself. So the trend to watch Hindi movies continued when I grew up. When I was really young Hero and Betaab were my favorite. My mom reminds me how I would listen to those songs continuously. I am sure most of you guys my age group would agree too. I still love those songs!

Then I lost touch briefly with Hindi movies (I don't think I missed anything other than a few Mithun movies). The kids I used to hang out with were evenly spread Telugu and Hindi speaking. So my Telugu phase began and lasted for a short period. I watched few of Balakrishna movies don't ask me why but he was my favorite (Duh! not now when I was I was a kid). Manga amma gari manvadu was my favorite movie and then this other movie Maapela Gopaludu I have absolutely no clue if I even understood the movie ;). Once Tezaab and Ram-Lakhan released I bounced back to Hindi movies and have stuck to it ever since until Ninne-Peladtha, Santhosham, Manmadhudu happened. Actually I think I did watch a bit of Rajendra Prasad also in between.

Hollywood movies of course were watched side by side. My dad was a big fan of Gregory Peck, Christopher Plummer, Marlon Brando, Kirk Douglas and a few others so most of the popular movies I would watch thanks to Dad. Once cable TV hit homes then it was easy to keep in touch with the latest movies of course.

I seriously cannot imagine life without Hindi movies, songs, dancing and the drama and of course the gossip!

2 comments:

vivenive said...

Dondakaya koora (YUCK)!!...Yes. Shilpa Shetty( or shipu like i fondly call her in my private moments :))-----as in my dreams u pervert))... got a great body as of now...and what exactly are u doin looking at her body??? well, honestly not that i am complaining :)

Damn me and all my ))))...cant get rid of em....

Meg said...

Oye you meat-eater (lol) I love Dondakayi koora and so does Prash heheh come on whether I accept it or not Shilpa Shetty surely maintains her figure well! :)(an observation of a 25 year old girl of a 32 year old woman!) ;)