Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FB!

People are unfolding their whole life in FB. Even I have, to some extent. One thing I have realized I am very uncomfortable doing is, putting pictures of my family and personal events (functions). I just cant' do it. I did it initially in Orkut just a couple of wedding pics (I was newly married and jobless at home) and then eventually deleted it all cos we end up adding so many aquaintances not just friends. I did the same thing on FB. Now in FB I am just trying to maintain pictures from my travels and trips. Wherever life has/is taking me. But I am too posessive to put up my family's pics. Maybe its not about being posessive actually its just tooooo private! I dont know why, just cannot get myself to put up my parents or DH's parents. Friends is fine because over half of them are already on FB, I mean come on! :) I am not criticizing the people who have it up there. But just wondering why I just cant do it! hmmm!
FB maybe even bringing out the narcissism in people, that thing called 'self love'. Maybe its good some people really need it, to open up - to the world and show case their achievements and talents!! But what about people who already posessed plenty of it, they may have landed in heaven eh?

3 comments:

Meg said...

Maybe I am scared of jinxing myself?

Meg said...

And then I found this

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/20/annoying.facebook.updaters/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.