Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rakhi and her Swayamwar

I or rather ‘we’ have started watching Rakhi ka Swayamvar, almost reached the end and there is going to be just one last elimination (I am a little behind with this). It was entertaining and time pass. Youtube has it all, which is pretty cool. I used to abhor Rakhi but somehow it changed and now I just ignore her. I know Eelesh has won the swayamvar and yet I am watching it. Last few episodes that I have been watching, kind of got stupidly interesting and then to hear Manmohan Tiwari speak. If one has watched it you know what I mean - the Hindi! I am sure he will pick up some Bhojpuri movies or some telvision serial roles. I hope he does. DH hated it, but since the living room is without any television I was watching it on my laptop and he also kind of started following it.

I think she is the first one India to do this Swayamwar thing? Curious if it was an eligible bachelor looking for a wife, how the response would be? well India is not that conservative after all? (cannot generalize it, anyway). I think over all it was a decent production and didn't seem that cheap an imitation of the spouse search programs in America. Not that I have really followed such programs here.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Completed it last night. Wonder why not a single South Indian in the 16 chosen to particpate?