Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Love Aaj Kal

I quite liked the movie, it was a fresh and modern approach for Hindi cinema on commitment and general indecisiveness on relationships due to priorities that get mixed up etc etc Also reflects on how our Hindi movies have come a long way. From sati-savitri sacrificing heroines - i.e. perfect, goody-goody bahu/daughter material to modern dating women with a mind and voice of their own types. Not to mention the enactment of impromptu kisses (Oh come on, we are all observing it, the comfort level has increased althought they are not quite there!). I thought Saif performed the Sardarji role well. Especially the dance towards the end when he comes home with the girl. Great songs! Not a great fan of Deepika's voice, it can get irritatingly childish at times, but well... I kinda like the old fashioned touch her characters' names have - Shanti (OSO), Gayatri (Bachna ae Haseeno) and Meera (LAK)...
Most Hindi movies have not-so-pleasent parts here and there, so did LAK, I chose to ignore it, even Kambaqt Ishq, though former is much better the latter. I don't want movies to be realistic and practical. I watch for entertainment and its fiction for God's sake! :) Soup for my soul! :)

3 comments:

seashell said...

I didn't like the movie at all...thought it was very immature but I am an old gal so my likes are different :) How are you doing? I'll email/call you soon.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

awww really? :) It was total time pass movie for me - but then like I said I am a huge fan of Hindi movies and dont necessarily mix logic and entertainment :) ;) (and did you just say I was suppose to get wiser with age ;))