Monday, August 31, 2009

Vela talk

Another weekend has gone by. It took us a year to finally get our big TV. Time sure flies! DH’s continuous research and my contribution to delay the decision as much as possible worked and we got a decent deal on the Samsung LED which we have been eyeing ever since it has been released. I wasn’t too keen on a big TV cos if we decide to leave the US sooner than we think, it will be an additional pile-on to sell… maybe I am thinking way too much in advance, there is always a chance that we may not leave this place?


We watched Kaminey finally. I did not like it as much as Love Aaj Kal /LAK maybe cos we were expecting more from it because of the reviews. Shahid’s new look certainly worked for him. Songs were also not as striking as LAK or at least did not like it instantly. I watched Nana Patekar’s Ab tak Chappan as well; I hadn’t seen it before and had read about it somewhere that it is based on a true story. It was a well made movie I thought. Have not read much about Daya Nayak the character whose life it is based on other than a few general details that he hails from Udupi (where my family also originates from) and other such minor details.


Made a few pending calls, just work and home is taking so much of my time. I am really very good in staying touch with my friends and family, whatever has happened to all that? DH pitched in and we managed to clean the house. The highlight of this weekend was my 7.5 liter Prestige rice cooker had a makeover. I am so happy with it. It is the most overused part of the kitchenware and most neglected. All the oil from tadkas etc settled on it and it turned out to be this ugly-sticky piece, like a scarecrow for my kitchen. SOS really saved it. I scrubbed it for an hour non stop and voila! It was clean and shiny and got its original look back. Now I have to attack my kadhai, the kadhai which takes all the oil and heat from all the frying I do, all the odiyalu, pooris, pappads and its used every other day. I am not very hopeful about getting its original color back, but I am sure I can do it some good, and it will look better than what it is now.

....And what do they say ‘a stitch in time saves nine’…

No comments: