Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guests etc

Was a nice and busy weekend. Both days had guests, kids, did a lot of cooking. BTW which in general I am doing a lot. I missed my kitchen time last few months and I  dived right into it. I never cook as a duty I actually enjoy it and I was blessed with that basic common sense and that cooking gene which helps me make my own recipes. I never needed DH or anyone to help me with any critical analysis.

 
So we caught up with friends after a long time and they were sharing some really bad experiences in recent India trips, their parents / pensioners constantly being humiliated and having treated disrespectfully whether its at the bank or auto driver or nurse at hospital - no compassion no patience no manners or courtesy. I was in tears listening to some of the incidents. Thinking about 70 year olds being spoken to like that by made me feel so bad ...I hope its one off incidents.

Disclaimer: It can happen anywhere just because I dont live in India people may make it seem like I have no right to criticize about somethings in India and take it personal. Its not just about India its about something that really bothers you and does not seem right be it in India or US or Paris or Timbaktu the focus is on the problem. But just cos you are outside India you are forced to say only nice things and not talk or discuss any issues, that's a mindset issue people have. Its just some of those practical issues and experiences one likes to talk about.



No comments: