Thursday, April 25, 2013

Respect

Past 2 weeks the response from the forces has been amazing. The way the whole operation was conducted to catch the suspect. The way the Mayor the Governor conducted themselves, reassuring to the public. Its been truly amazing to watch. American citizens are lucky to have such discipline, rigor, respect from the Government and services and in return you get more respect and awe from citizens in such tough situations. Politics is the same everywhere, but quality of politicians differs. Somewhere there is a tinge of sadness and little bit of jealousy when I see this, I feel I wish back home in India we could have similar people working with passion and care. I wish I could be a little more confident that wrong doers will not go scott free but be punished and pay for the wrong things they do. I know things are improving and I have faith like million others in India in the system and the ever increasing population of the youth in India.

Past week on the freeway there were Thank you notes to the public for the patience and co-operation. It was very comforting. Then whenever I see some cops around it reminds you of the young policeman who was unnecessarily killed at MIT by suspects. Maybe I have been smitten by the media bug the way they portray things, I also agree that it was unfair that the Iraq bombings did not get media attention, but I am appreciating the fact that they bring in that respect and awe to the system and show you the value of "lost lives" in ones' country.

No comments: