Wednesday, September 9, 2009

----

People around you make a lot of difference, if you choose to. At least I feel re-charged and energetic when I am with a group of people I gel with. On the contrary if you interact with that one wrong person, just one person who you cannot gel with, it can drain and suck out the good and bring out the worst. Everything (supposedly) happens for a reason. No reason to feel bad if some relationships are not working out as they ought to (whatever maybe the reason or whoever maybe at fault). Just have to learn to move on, understand and respect the differences, maybe it was not meant-to-be.

For me one of the things I used to miss mainly about India was the presence of some such lovely people. It’s not just about having a large group of friends/acquaintances. All of us tend to have them in India, but it’s about hanging out every other day with the people you love: Parents- everyday, Extended family - at least 2-3 times a month, and friends - every other day. But fact is I don’t think Hyd is what it used to be. At least I should not visit or go back if I plan to return that is, with that expectation. Friends have dispersed, people’s attitudes and lifestyles have changed, I have changed and there will be a lot of new relationships to make which might be very different from what I have ever experienced and existing ones we have to re-kindle etc. etc. This past weekend with friends was so much fun and very refreshing hence made me think of the importance of having the right people around you! At the same time not having them always around also makes it all the more important.

1 comment:

seashell said...

Hi Megs,

Glad you had fun over the weekend. It was nice seeing you all. I am glad we were able to make it.

India is not what it used to be as you rightly said. People are very busy, busier than us. Yet the place has magic. I feel so good whenever I go there....