Monday, September 28, 2009

Dushera 2009

This time made it to the Bengali Durga Pujo pandal in Sudbury middle school to pay respects to the Goddess. We got there at Arthi time and it was very good. It was a rather small crowd at least when we went and than what I had expected and the Goddess was beautiful. Some of the ladies were blowing the conch and others chanting and it gave a great effect to the whole setting. First time I was so up close to the Durga idol, flanked by Lakshmi and Saraswathi on the side and Ganesh and Kartikeya. Lord Kartikeya (I guessed by the peacock vahanam) was very different to what I have seen. I mean I have only seen the South Indian Tamil version of him actually. Probably Ganesh is the only god who consistently looks the same all across India?

Weekend movies:
- ‘Dil bole hadippa’ – it was ok but will not own or watch this DVD. Over doze of Punjabi culture for me and Rani in Sardar’s role was better than SRK in Rab ne but also kind of annoying at the same time.
- ‘Wanted’ – remake of Pokiri – was ok, but then I just saw quarter of this movie, not used to Salman in action roles…
- ‘Vinayakudu’ – a Telugu low budget movie was total time pass.
- ‘Who Lamhe’ – bored with Kangana’s demented-suicidal roles
- ‘Rahna hai tere dil main’ – I am not fond of Madhavan as an actor as such for some reason, Saif’s presence in the movie was a surprise for me.

OMG! I watched almost 5 movies this weekend! Something’s wrong?

Haven’t cooked properly for the last week, it’s not going to be easy to get back to my everyday cooking schedule again. When there is a gap or break in the everyday ‘cooking schedule’, it’s hard for me to get back to it, its basically trying to get over laziness.

No comments: