Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dr. Shilpa Shetty?

The other day I finally watched the videos available of Shilpa Shetty vs Jade in Big Brother. I know I am way behind, but well its never too late, is it? Below are the two main videos:






Though I do find her a bit fake in this series, Jade definitely over-reacted to the whole thing. I don't think I should waste my time more than this, on this topic. What's interesting is that how her fame has finally led to the newly acquired title - Leeds Metropolitan University in the UK has granted her the doctorate for her contribution to cultural diversity. I need to know how she has contributed?. Apparently Amitabh Bachchan, Shabana Azmi, Yash Chopra are the stars who have already acquired the same from this University. I guess the term 'racist' still makes the Brits uncomfortable eh?.


2 comments:

The road to self discovery said...

I followed this controversy and I thought it was a bit overblown.

One thing that makes me sympathize with Jade is that fact that I use loose language at times and I feel with whom you do that matters as it can have disastrous consequences.

Think but don't tell.

Meg said...

Yep I thought it was bit blown out of proportion too. Though sometimes I feel incidents like these keep check on 'certain issues'.