Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Etcetera

Yesterday was another normal day. Went for my weekly Red cross volunteering work and it turned out to be very quiet there as well. The mattress and bed is being delivered today so the day will be spent assembling it (or rather evening my husband does it ;) ). And tomorrow is chutti/a holiday and a friend's birthday so tonight would possibly be a late night. However I hope to read today and tomorrow (trying to catch up on some material I have related to my field!) and also read P.G. Wodehouse. Somehow I missed reading it when growing up so making it up now :)

Yesterday I watched Fresh Prince and realized that I have been doing so for the past few weeks on channel Nick. Then my husband happened to tell me how talented Will Smith is. Of course, then I remembered MIB and "Getting Jiggy with it..Nah Nah Nah Nah" Gosh that still rings in my ears from the pubs/parties at Hyderabad. Then on Wikipedia I saw that apparently he not only acts and sings well he was also admitted to the pre-engineering program in MIT which he turned down, interesting! Anyways, Bill Cosby, Fresh Prince and My Wife and Kids are my favorite shows (African-American family based).

Finally, Old habits die hard. I still haven't got over my British spellings (you see it only became stronger in NZ, I am sure I would have lost it if I were in India). I still spell colour, favour, for color and favor and the American spell check dutifully highlights it all, also not to forget the 's' in realise as opposed to 'realize' and though I have got used to the MM/DD/YY I suddenly switch to DD/MM/YY although negligible.

No comments: